Categories
Asbestos hazards living with mesothelioma occupational safety

Woman contracts mesothelioma after exposure to asbestos in husband’s clothing

A woman in York, England got mesothelioma, and the way she was exposed to asbestos was from her husband’s work clothing. “Marjorie Fox, 61, is believed to have contracted fatal cancer after almost 20 years of shaking the dust from her husband Kenneth’s overalls which he wore while working as a carpenter before putting them in the wash.”

We’ve seen this story before, and it is a particularly tragic way in which people get mesothelioma. Workplace hazards affecting not just the workers, but their family members who may never even set foot in the hazardous area.